CAROLINA COLOURS COMMUNITY BUILDERS

exterior of house75% of the homes which have been built in Carolina Colours have been custom homes, with the other 25% being constructed and then offered for sale by an approved builder. All homes have been built by licensed contractors who have been admitted to the Carolina Colours Builder Program, a prerequisite to building in the community. Among other requirements, each admitted builder must:

  • Hold and maintain an unlimited contractor’s license issued by the State of NC
  • Demonstrate the financial capabilities to meet its obligations
  • 
Have a strong credit rating
- Have a history of quality building
  • Maintain a high rating with its Carolina Colours customers
  • Adhere to all program standards, including site cleanliness standards and approved work hours

All approved builders are familiar with the Protective Covenants and design guidelines for each neighborhood within Carolina Colours, including minimum size requirements, impervious surface limitations as imposed by the State, and allowed materials. All plans must be approved by the Improvement Review Committee of the Carolina Colours Association, Inc., the master association of property owners within Carolina Colours, and all approved builders are required to be familiar with the standards that govern review and approval of both home and landscape plans.

Our Featured Builders have a portfolio of plans that many home site owners select from, often with modifications to address particular owner needs. Our Featured Builders also create custom plans, following client meetings, to fit the style and budgetary objectives of the client. While prices vary greatly depending on builder, needed site work, size, and desired detail, most construction on a customer owned lot in Carolina Colours costs between $125 and $150 dollars per heated square foot.

All owners who have caused a home to be constructed by one of our approved builders are urged to complete and return to us a satisfaction survey. Most elect to do so. We insist that our builders get consistently high marks if they wish to remain on our team. In our most recent batch of responses from owners we were pleased to note not only did all of our builders get very high marks (95% of question responses were “excellent” with the other 5% being “good,”, with no “average” or “poor” answers, with the questions covering a number of components of the building process), but every respondent stated they would recommend their builder to a friend. Several added notes, including the following:

ARTISAN EAST: “Chuck (contractor) was first and foremost our partner. Throughout the building process he made time for us anytime it was needed. If I had to do it over again I would choose Artisan East.”

MAHER CONSTRUCTION: “Mike (contractor), Jane (office/wife) and staff provided an excellent building experience with close attention to detail and completion was ahead of schedule.”

SCHEPER AND COMPANY: “Rick (contractor) was a pleasure to deal with. He did everything he promised on time and within our budget. We are very happy with our new home and extremely pleased with Rick.”

FEATURED COMMUNITY BUILDERS